You can use apps to create documents, edit photos, play games, listen to music and more.
There are two types of apps:
- Apps that work like regular websites (For example, Gmail or Google Calendar).
- Apps that work like software programs on your desktop, relying on certain features of Chrome (For example, Google Keep).
Here are some benefits of using apps:
- Apps install quickly, without restarting your computer or browser.
- Your apps are always available when you sync apps across multiple computers.
- Apps are always up to date because they are hosted on the web.
- Apps won’t crash your computer. If you have trouble with an app, close its tab.
- You can easily find and open the app using app launcher.